Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Graham Cracker Eclair


This recipe came from my mom. It requires no baking, it makes a large pan, and is very simple to make. And it tastes really comforting. The layers of graham crackers soften and melt in your mouth between the layers of pudding and the chocolate glaze adds a smores-like quality. I know, cool whip and instant pudding mix aren't exactly the most healthful ingredients, but this just tastes good. My mom usually adds slices of bananas also, which is great too. This is excellent to make ahead of time because it tastes better after several days of graham cracker softening. Enjoy! Continue for recipe.

Graham Cracker Eclair
from Mom

Filling:
Whole graham crackers
large vanilla instant pudding mix
8oz cool whip

Glaze:
3 T melted butter
2 T cocoa powder
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 t karo light corn syrup
2 t vanilla
3 T milk

9x13 ungreased glass dish

Layer the bottom of your dish with whole graham crackers.
For the filling, make the pudding according to the instructions on the box. Fold in the cool whip.
Pour 1/2 the filling over the graham crackers. Top with another layer of crackers.
Add rest of filling.
Top with another layer of crackers.
For the glaze, mix butter and cocoa. Add rest of ingredients and stir.
Spread glaze over the top evenly.
Chill 12-24 hours.

2 comments:

breadchick said...

Oh my mom called the Fridge Sheet Cake. I loved that cake growing up. Thanks for reminding me of it.

Susan @ SGCC said...

My mom made this one a lot too. I loved it then, and I love it now!